Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Day

Minne-Mama is on Facebook! 'Like' us to stay updated on our fun crafts and activities! 
Thank you for stopping by! 

Happy Easter! It was a very fun day for us. I felt like we never really stopped moving, but it was wonderful to see so much of our family and it was special spending time with my husband since he returned from a two week training yesterday! Last night I set up Skyler's Easter basket. It ended up being mostly a bike/train/automobile theme with a few animals thrown in and a basketball that was never intended to be included :)

I have been looking forward to Skyler being of age for a train set. This one from IKEA seemed like the perfect starter set. And of course, with his huge interest in garbage trucks lately, I was on the hunt for a toy garbage truck for him. This sweet recycling truck fit the bill. While at IKEA, I also picked up a roll of drawing paper for our future crafting fun.



Inside Skyler's basket, I was going to fill the bottom with Easter grass, but Skyler became obsessed with this basketball after I bought it to go in a silent auction basket for our ECFE class. I had to go buy a new one, and this red and black ball became the new base of Skyler's basket!

The rest of his basket included Toob animals (Farm, Wild, and North American Wildlife), a new Easter book, a bell for our bike, and some non-candy treats!


Skyler was so sweet when he saw his Easter basket set up. He quietly walked around, checking out everything there. He started with the train, looked at the truck for a bit, and then took out the basket fillers one by one. He was SO excited to see his beloved basketball!



Last night along with setting up Skyler's basket, my hubby and I made these lemon coconut cottontail cookies for one of our family parties today. They taste awesome and are so very festive!



We attempted a family photo today, and ended up with three pretty cute tries.





And a necessary selfie with my guy :)

 
I hope you had a very happy Easter day with your loved ones. Have a wonderful week ahead!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment