Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Non-Edible Halloween Treat



Last year around Halloween, Skyler and I made play dough Halloween treats for his ECFE class. I used baby food jars and they were really cute. We were in class with the parents, so I just handed each of them a jar. This year in his preschool class, they put them in a bag and then send the bag home. I didn't want any bags getting dropped with glass jars in them, so I chose a more safe (and much less time consuming) way to package our play dough.



I have been wanting to make this awesome microwave play dough from Fun at Home with Kids since the first time I saw the video on their Facebook page, and I can't believe I waited almost six months to try it! When I heard Skyler's preschool was having a Halloween dress up and treat day (non-edible items allowed only), I jumped at the opportunity to make some fun homemade play dough "treats."


Skyler and I followed the play dough recipe, adding yellow and red food coloring and pumpkin pie spice to make ours into little scented Jack-o-lanterns. Skyler is a great helper when we make play dough. He loves to measure, pour, mix, and especially knead the finished dough. This recipe is so simple and makes a great play dough to explore with! Skyler enjoyed playing with his Halloween cookie cutters while I put our treat bags together.  

All you need to make these non-edible Halloween treat bags are:

Orange microwave play dough (add the pumpkin pie spice for extra fun!)
Snack baggies
Black and green sharpies
(Optional) Stickers for a gift tag


I made the dough into sixteen little balls, stuck one ball in each snack bag, smashed it down into a puck and closed the bag. Then I drew a simple jack-o-lantern face and green stem on the bag. You could just leave it at that, but I had some cute stickers too, so I cut them into strips and wrote on the back as a gift tag.


From start to finish including making the play dough, this only took about half an hour and we doubled the play dough recipe, so we have a lot of dough to play with at home too! We had a lot of fun putting these together, and Skyler can't wait to give a bag to each of his friends at school!


22 comments:

  1. Shop for the shop for the best fitness band in India and get the best fitness tracker device just in 2000. Get yourself the fitness tracker which is the best fit for you. Grab the best deal for fitness tracker and enjoy the workout best fitness tracker under 2000

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choose gifts from best gifts options this Christmas. Gift your brother, sister, grandma, grandpa, dad with joy and happiness. thoughtful gifts for men

    ReplyDelete
  3. Browse some latest and trending viral news which has been going viral and are trending like crazy. Get some best news here. upcoming web series hindi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Browse the best motivational quotes, inspirational quotes and other funny, sad, friendship quotes & status. Stories, suvichar & thoughts in hindi. hindi motivational quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy the best budget fitness band in India under 5000 and invest your body. Get the best fitness band in India. best fitness band india

    ReplyDelete
  6. These types of activates we teach our children's in cbse school in rajasthan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello sir,
    this is very informational blogs can you suggest me Best Solo Microwave Oven in India
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are really doing a great job in providing excellent content. I am lucky to view your articles on the net. astros sequin jacket

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing post written. It shows your effort and dedication. Thanks for sharing such a nice post.
    Sean Astin Notre Dame Rudy Letterman Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read a lot of stuff here and I like the way you write. Good job! Make another one

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is nice. More strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing awesome things

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for Valuable tips I’ve learned from reading your content. Be a good author

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to see a great blog like this

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this, Such smart blog work and reporting! Im impressed with this

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, happy that i saw on this in google. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am practically satisfied with your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Impressive Thanks for the post! Carry on, don’t stop!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at the search for such info."

    ReplyDelete
  19. I’m very pleased to discover this site. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete