Friday, October 30, 2015

Peek-a-BOO Ghost Match

Minne-Mama is on Facebook! 'Like' us to stay updated on our fun crafts and activities! 
Thank you for stopping by! 

We are right in the middle of moving to a new house. With all of the craziness that comes with buying, selling, packing, and moving with two little ones, I haven't been making a lot of activities for Skyler and we have been relying more on finding new ways to play with all of our toys. That got a little harder when we started packing up as many toys as possible in preparation for our move. When trying to think of some simple activities we could do with what we still have at home, this match game came to mind.


We have been reading and playing a lot with the theme of Halloween and Skyler is very interested in ghosts lately. I decided to have a fun little number match and scavenger hunt. This could easily be done after Halloween with pumpkins for fall, ornaments for a Christmas tree, Easter eggs, etc.


I had already packed up all of our construction paper, contact paper, and other crafty items I usually use to make games for Skyler, but then I remembered we had our easel still. To make this craft game, I cut out one ghost shape and then traced and cut ten ghosts out of one piece of easel paper, then traced ten more onto a new piece.


I happened to make each one a different color, but this was definitely more of a number match for Skyler. If your little one is younger, you could use less numbers or just have it as a color match!


I hid the ten ghosts around our living room with pieces of tape and Skyler had so much fun running around and collecting his ghosts. I thought he would have to work a little harder to match the numbers, but he would look at it while he ran to the easel and by the time he made it there, he already knew exactly where to put it. I might have to go up to 15 or 20 on our next number match!



This face when he found the last one hiding behind the couch just makes me smile!


Even though I just used tape, we have been able to use the ghosts a few times! To make the game last longer, you could laminate or cover the ghosts in contact paper, or use velcro in place of tape.



22 comments:

  1. Nice creativity we have seen in your post. The way you have described your stuff is pretty cool. I like it. Keep sharing and keep updating your content with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog, for know more related to hp printer setup 123.hp.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to to thank you for this great read!! I definitely loved every bit of it.
    EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BLUE COOKIES STRAIN I have got you bookmarked to look at new stuff you .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing article. Your blog helped me to improve myself in many ways thanks for sharing this kind of wonderful informative blogs in live.https://www.chunkssteakbox.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

  5. स्वच्छता अभियान ने सरकारी स्कूलों में कार्यरत शिक्षकों की दिक्कतें बढ़ा दी ...
    https://teacherharyana.blogspot.com › ...

    ReplyDelete

  6. Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein(2002) - kumarsanu
    http://sanudamp3.blogspot.com › 2015/04 › kuch-tum-...

    ReplyDelete
  7. सूरदास जी के दोहेंः- surdas ke dohe in hindi | amrit-vani - अमृत-वाणी site:https://amrit-vani.blogspot.com › sur...

    ReplyDelete

  8. सच्चा दोस्त कौन होता है? सच्चे मित्र की विशेषताएं - Support Me ...
    https://www.supportmeindia.com › sa...

    ReplyDelete

  9. 2012 - निर्भीक-आजाद पंछी
    http://sirfiraa.blogspot.com › ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for posting a valuable and informative blog. Further, If you are looking Dubai South Villas visit our website.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make so many great points here. Thankjob for this fantastic post

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read this excellent post. This is a great job. Keep what you're doing, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found this blog and Hopes it continue. Keep up the great work, Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! I am pretty much pleased with this good post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, the whole thing is going well here and of course everyone is sharing information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Post! I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really helpful post and very informative there is no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the good information you share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really happy to determine this kind of wonderful thank you!!

    ReplyDelete